Power it up
using paper circuitry as a method to explore electrical circuits
The Power it Up classroom kit is a way to explore various types of circuits - simple, series and parallel. Students will use copper tape to complete paper circuits which will bring a series of images to life. Circuits with switches and buzzers also feature. They'll then apply their knowledge of paper circuitry to a range of practical tasks, from creating board games to light up birthday cards and signs.
key information regarding this kit
- The Read Me sheet sent to you with the kit contains important information. You will also need to download the Teacher Guide.
- Each student will receive their own 'Power it Up' booklet which they will use to create paper circuits and share their learning with family / whanau at home.
- The kit also contains all the equipment needed to create 7 circuits - coin cell batteries, led bulbs, buzzers and copper tape.
A gentle reminder of the non-negotiables with this kit:
- You will have until the end of the term to use the contents of the kit with your class and explore the scientific thinking behind paper circuitry.
- Evidence of the kit being used in your class (photo and/or reflection) needs to submitted to us by Friday September 28th, 2018, or if using the kit in Term 4 (December 1st).
- Be on time - don't make us use our teacher voice!
It would be wonderful if you also:
While our Teacher Guides are by no means compulsory, we hope you'll take the time to peruse and be inspired.
- Share images on social media using #countiespower and #schoolkit
Only schools in the Counties Power region have been eligible to receive this classroom kit.
you can Submit your content here:
298 Victoria Street
Hamilton, Waikato, 3204