Ingredients Voucher Kit
get creative with your $50 voucher.
Improve nutrition, increase health knowledge and promote physical activity amongst your students by exploring your chosen Healthy Active Kids resource.
- Hide Veggies in a Cake: Looking at the nutritional value of vegetables and creating cakes which substitute vegetables for some of the ingredients in the cake. Taste-test these against a control cake and see if another class can guess the vegetables hidden in the cake.
- Make Kawerau Kimchi: Investigating the nutritional value of lunches from around the world and supporting students to create their own internationally inspired healthy lunch.
- Fake or Real? A Taste Test: Investigating the impact that colour has on our perception of taste. Creating and taste-testing naturally flavoured versus artificially flavoured cupcakes and evaluating these.
- Change The Way You Think: Looking at our perception and the way we are influenced by social media and marketing - how these impact the way we view food, nutrition and healthy body image.
Key information regarding this kit
- You will receive a $50 voucher for your chosen supermarket.
- Please use this voucher to purchase ingredients for use in your classroom with your chosen resource kit.
- You can download everything you need by selecting the resource kit of your choice to the right under "Teacher Resources".
A gentle reminder of the non-negotiables with this kit:
- You will have six weeks to use the resource kit with your class.
- Evidence of the kit being used in your class (photo and/or reflection) needs to submitted to us no later than Thursday June 28th, 2018.
- Please be on time - don't make us use our teacher voice!
you can Submit your content here:
A reminder that you need to return evidence of student work, a photo of your class engaging with the box, your own teacher reflections on learning etc to us by 28 June.
key project dates
298 Victoria Street
Hamilton, Waikato, 3204