Game of moostery
Make real world connections between rural and city kids
This Moostery Skype challenge is a celebration of the dramatic contrasts between city and country life and a great New Zealand Geography lesson.
The Teacher Guide is all about understanding how people view and use places differently. Students will experiment with Google Maps, Google Street View and investigate the key concepts of New Zealand Geography.
With a photographic scavenger hunt and virtual Q & A session with your buddy class, it's great fun, engaging and will challenge your students investigative and problem solving skills.
How does it work
- We match 150 Country classrooms with 150 City Classrooms
- You send us 10 photos from a photo scavenger hunt. We add your best photo to a nationwide exhibition.
- We send you a wee kit to your class to help you with your NZ Geography AND remain undercover on the day.
- You challenge your partner class to a game of Moostery Skype where the first to pinpoint your partner school’s location wins.
- We send you a beautiful printed copy of the exhibition photos.
A gentle reminder of the non-negotiables with this kit:
- You are happy to share your email and preferred method of contact for the virtual session with the buddy teacher/classroom selected by School Kit.
- You will arrange to make virtual contact with your buddy class between June 25th and July 6th.
- You will send us your 10 photos by June 29th.
- Be on time- don't make us use our teacher voice!
It would be wonderful if you also:
- Share images on social media using #dairynzschools and #schoolkit
you can Submit your content here:
key project dates
more ideas here
298 Victoria Street
Hamilton, Waikato, 3204